Access job seeker resources
Job Bank mobile app
Job searching just got easier. With the Job Bank mobile app, you can search for jobs whenever and wherever. Download it today.
Job search advice
Browse our tips and tricks to search and apply for jobs to prepare for work.
Working during COVID
Stay up to date on the climate of the labour market. Look through available jobs, tools and learn about key sectors.
Sign up today and start using tools and services that can help you find a job. All you need is an email address.
- Customize your search by browsing thousands of jobs and using filters to narrow down your search.
- Get notified about new job postings by signing up for Job Alerts – a free email notification service that sends you job postings daily.
- Prepare to apply by picking from multiple resume templates and fill in the pre-defined sections with your own skills, work history and experience.
Upgrade to a Plus Account and take advantage of even more tools and services.
- Match with employers by filling out a profile and let us do the rest. We’ll link you to current job openings based on your job seeker profile.
- Receive invitations to apply from verified employers who will be able to see your profile and qualifications.
- Submit your application directly from the job posting with a pre-existing resume or one created with the Resume Builder. With a few simple clicks, you can upload within minutes and apply.
Get more out of your job search with Job Bank
Search for jobs
To start searching for jobs, you can attend job fairs online or in person, use job boards and career websites or reach out directly to recruiters in a targeted company to broaden your network. Also, Job Bank offers a job search tool that allows you to browse through thousands of jobs across Canada and to apply filters that specify your needs.
While on the go, Job Bank mobile app is the perfect tool to search efficiently for jobs. Its easy-to-use features can help you optimize your time.
Build a good resume
An effective resume should promote your abilities and include tangible accomplishments that are relevant to the job you apply for. You should also prepare a cover letter that is concise and elaborates on how you can put your skills to use in the organization.
Use the Resume Builder and create a professional resume by picking a template and customizing it to demonstrate your qualifications. Just sign up for a Standard or Plus account on Job Bank and get started today.
Perform during your interviewTo prepare for an interview, you should think of common questions and possible answers. You should also be ready to give examples of situations you experienced that demonstrate you have the skills, experience and training required by the organization. The STAR (situation, task, action, result) method can help you structure your examples. Don’t forget to bring copies of your resume and a list of references.
Find more resources
Discover a wide range of resources and tools to help you along with your job search journey.
Job Bank has a number of tools and services that can help newcomers connect with employers.
Job Bank has tools and services that can help persons with disabilities connect with employers.
Search for jobs from Canadian employers who want to hire temporary foreign workers, find information on work permits and learn about your rights.
Find Veteran job market information, as well as resources for education, training, career transition and employment opportunities.
Learn more about part-time and full-time job opportunities for youth, and get easy access to resources that will help you with your job search.
Find out what steps you need to take before you can apply to jobs in Canada if you want to immigrate here.
- Date modified: